Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 20: Health Roulette

Friday, June 1, 2012 

I came out of the breakfast room this morning and found one of my friends lying on a couch in a corner and looking miserable, so we talked for a while. She's been stuck in her room all week with what is (according to the doctor) some form of non-contagious flu-like thing. I think she needed to talk to someone. 

Though many of the students here have gotten sick, I don't think any two have gotten the same thing. There's been stomach flu, regular flu, strep throat, severe allergies, asthma, food poisoning, tonsilitis, panic attacks, sprained knees…

It's like the study abroad edition of And Then There Were None. Each of us will be taken out in our own unique and creative way. 

I can't wait to see what mine is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment